moving up from 2.0.26 to 2.1.1

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Feb 13 22:06:46 CET 2015

On Wed 2015-02-11 16:35:27 -0500, Philip Jackson wrote:
> If I do gpg2 --version, it comes back clearly with 2.0.26. and enigmail clearly
> indicates that it has found the gpg2 that I built.
>
> So, moving on, if I do :
>
>  apt-get -t experimental install gnupg2
>
> will I get 2.1.1 installed together with its dependencies ?

you should, as long as all of those dependencies are satisfiable in
either debian experimental or ubuntu trusty.  debian experimental is not
guaranteed to have dependencies satisfied internally (debian unstable
users should be able to install experimental packages without trouble
though).

apt will refuse to start the install if it can't satisfy the
dependencies though, so you can try it out without worrying that it'll
leave you in a half-broken state.

> And returning to my original questions, since it is written that 2.0* and 2.1
> cannot co-exist, I suppose that I shall have to remove manually everything
> connected with my 2.0.26 ?

I suppose so, but i don't know how you installed 2.0.26 either, so i
don't know how to remove it, sorry!

      --dkg