[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.2 released

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Feb 14 17:26:27 CET 2015

On Wed 2015-02-11 14:40:39 -0500, Werner Koch wrote:

> The GnuPG Project is pleased to announce the availability of the
> third release of GnuPG modern: Version 2.1.2.

Thank you, Werner!  2.1.2 is now in debian experimental, where it builds
cleanly on all architectures:

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gnupg2&suite=experimental

Users of debian sid or jessie should be able to upgrade to it from the
experimental archive.  For more information, see:

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianExperimental

The transition to automake 1.14 was painless on the packaging side for
me.  This modernization is much appreciated.

> Since the start of the funding campaign in December several thousand
> people have been kind enough to donate a total of 250000 Euro to support
> this project.  In addition the Linux Foundation gave a grant of $ 60000
> for 2015, Stripe.com and Facebook.com each pledged $ 50000 per year.
>
> I am amazed by this superb and unexpected support for the GnuPG project.
> This will not only allow us to continue the project and hire at least a
> second full time developer but gives us also the resources to improve
> things which have been delayed for too long.

I'm happy to hear this, and glad to see the project getting some of the
support it has long deserved.

All the best,

    --dkg