[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.2 released

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 16 11:03:51 CET 2015

On Friday 13 February 2015 at 20:23:26, Werner Koch wrote:
> > This was ment to read GnuPG-2.1.2 I guess, because of
>
> No, this describes what is new in the 2.1 branch.  2.1.2 is basically a
> bug fix release.

Just wanted to point out that the release announcement left me confused at a
few points. If it confused me (as a long time GnuPG User/Contributor) I
assume it will confuse many others as well.

To restate, I was confused about
* What the items in section "What's New in GnuPG-2.1" actually meant,
  it were the differencen 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 as I could figure out, but this
  wasn't clear from the text.
* "This version fixes a lot of bugs found after the release of 2.1.0"
  which probably should have been "2.1.1".

Overall I believe the announcement as too much text that stays the same
for each release. It would benefit from being focussed on the key differences
and let the rest be a standard "doc" part.

Best,
Bernhard
ps.: Congrats on the taz article (in German) I've added the link to the wiki.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner