2.1.2: keyserver route failure

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 18 18:07:02 CET 2015

On 18-02-2015 17:31, Doug Barton wrote:

>> The most easy solution in such cases is to try IPv4 first, if that
>> doesn't work or is unavailable, try IPv6 if available.

> Yeah, please DO NOT do that. The more traffic we can push to IPv6 the
> better for everyone, both now and in the future.

I've seen that before: proponents of IPv6 try to fore an "IPv6 first"
doctrine to get at least _some_ traffic over IPv6 because IPv4 first
would mean that IPv6 would nearly nover been used. Admit it, IPv6 has
failed. It may get some uses, but the widespread adaptation of carrier
NAT has made it largely obsolete.

Removing the AAAA record would be the quickest solution I guess.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers