Compiled binaries execute but exit with "Abort"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 19 20:31:03 CET 2015

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:01, errol at askerrol.org said:
> Thanks. Now to figure out why make check fails but make works without
> error. Are there dependencies besides pth for libgpg-error?

Are you using a recent Pth version?  I recall that older Pth versions
had problems when used by programs which also make use of pthreads.
That was actually the reasons for the pcsc-wrapper used by scdaemon.

My tests indicated that there was no more problem - on Linux.  However,
this might be because glibc implements mutex directly and not in
libpthread.  Thus we may have the same conflict as we had with older
glibc versions.

A solution for you might be to go back to libgpg-error 1.12 which has no
mutexes and thus no need for pthreads.

I doubt that we can do a real fix for that.  I dropped Pth support for a
reason ;-).  The only thing I can image is an environment variable
forcing libgpg-error to entire disable the mutex support.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner