Thoughts on GnuPG and automation

Bjarni Runar Einarsson bre at pagekite.net
Thu Feb 26 15:57:06 CET 2015

Hello GnuPG users!

I just published a follow-up to Smári's blog post about the Mailpile
team's frustration while working with GnuPG. The post is here:

   https://www.mailpile.is/blog/2015-02-26_Revisiting_the_GnuPG_discussion.html

As it's rather long, I won't paste the whole thing in here, but I do
welcome any and all feedback. The gist of it is: the GnuPG CLI is not
very well suited for automation and the 2.x design appears to make some
things we want to do almost impossible.

Corrections (if I made any factual errors) will be posted to the web
ASAP, and I'll link back to this thread in the archives so webby people
can see your replies. I hope this qualifies as constructive critism!

As I said on our IRC channel: If we're lucky it'll be a humiliating
"you're just doing it wrong, here is the solution". ;-)

Cheers,
 - Bjarni

--
Sent using Mailpile, Free Software from www.mailpile.is