Thoughts on GnuPG and automation

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 26 18:50:35 CET 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 15:57, bre at pagekite.net said:

> As it's rather long, I won't paste the whole thing in here, but I do

Please give me a few days to comment on this.  I have some urgent tasks
right now.  But as a first hint: automation has never been second class
citizen and has been build into gpg more or less right from the
beginning (0.2.12, spring 1998).

I know of one university in Germany which runs its webmail system using
GnuPG 2 and with pinentry.  This was actually the reasons to add the
PINENTRY_USER_DATA kludge.

Back to release work.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner