Thoughts on GnuPG and automation

Bjarni Runar Einarsson bre at pagekite.net
Thu Feb 26 20:04:32 CET 2015

Hey Werner,

Yes, please do take your time.

I'm happy to hear you consider automation an important thing. I assume
that means the current limitations on that front are largely due to a
lack of developer resources - which I don't intend to badger you about,
my project suffers from the same.

Related to that though, I'll add one question to your backlog: does the
GnuPG 2.1 cycle hope to bridge the 2.0/1.4 divide, so 1.4 can retire and
everyone can move to 2.1? If not, why not?

In the meantime, I'll go see if I can find information about this kludge
you speak of.

Take care,
 - Bjarni

--