German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Feb 27 11:54:06 CET 2015

Hi, Reference:

"gnupgpacker" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is a discussion ongoing regarding future of pgp/gpg encryption.
>
> German ct magazine has postulated in their last edition that our pgp
> handling seems to be too difficult for mass usage, keyserver infrastructure
> seems to be vulnerable for faked keys, published mail addresses are
> collected from keyservers and so on...
>
> Pls refer to:
> Massentaugliche E-Mail-Verschlüsselung gesucht
> http://heise.de/-2557237
>
> Editorial: Lasst PGP sterben!
> http://heise.de/-2551008
>
> M.Marlinspike Blog: GPG And Me
> http://www.thoughtcrime.org/blog/gpg-and-me/
>
> I am a little bit unhappy about this discussion because pgp still offers
> secure end-to-end encryption without the need of a superior CA, no
> compromising had been detected so far.
>
> Your positions to this ct approach?
>
> Regards, Chris

CT is usually a good mag. for technical articles; however back in the 1980s
other UK wind bag journalists regularly sold columns with "Unix about to die!"

PS Some translator engine links:  http://berklix.com/~jhs/trans/

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
	Indent previous with "> ".	Reply Below as a play script.