German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Feb 27 11:32:13 CET 2015

First, most of these "let PGP die" rants only really apply to OpenPGP email.
GPG does a wonderful job of signing and verifying packages for Debian, Ubuntu,
Fedora, etc.

Second, OpenPGP email exists now, can be installed and used right now, and
provides proven protection for the body of an email message.  Millions of
people know how to use it, and can teach others.

That said, yes, I agree that OpenPGP email is a very flawed system, and we
should also be working on a modern replacement.  But that does not exist, not
really even close.  So if you need privacy in email now, OpenPGP email is the
main realistic choice.

.hc

gnupgpacker:

https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x9F0FE587374BBE81