German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption

Marco Zehe marcozehe-ml at mailbox.org
Sat Feb 28 07:01:19 CET 2015

Hi Chris,

> Am 27.02.2015 um 19:16 schrieb Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo at scientia.net>:
>
> This is basically what they want: Anonymous cryptography, whose complete
> security is based on some good luck whether you've communicated with the
> right peer the first time.
>
> But instead of just advertising that crap, they seem to also have went
> on some stupid anti-OpenPGP campaign… o.O

I agree! I actually took them up on their offer to contact them for signing my public key with their C’t PGPCA key they advertise at the end of the actual article (not the editorial) in c’t 6/2015, page 160. But because I had a question, I wrote to them first. Took a couple of days before I got a reply, and I couldn’t help but ask if they’ve already ditched OpenPGP completely. I was sarcastic, and got a very honest reply from another c’t journalist saying that that very topic has been heatedly debated at Heise, and that by far not everyone agrees with Mr. Schmidt. Their crypto campaign is still in full force despite the editorial. So like everywhere, different opinions, and that one journalist’s opinion definitely doesn’t speak for all of the folks at c’t or Heise in General.

Marco