German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 28 13:28:06 CET 2015

On 27-02-2015 19:16, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> This is basically what they want: Anonymous cryptography, whose complete
> security is based on some good luck whether you've communicated with the
> right peer the first time.

In practice the Textsecure protocol works well of couyrse because it
uses the phone number. One usually knows that number already from a
contact. Most people I communicatw with often I even recognise by voice
alone - taking over the phone number is not going to work. I don't see
even the NSA breaking that.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers