gpg-connect-agent querying max-cache-ttl

Rob Fries Rob.Fries at ascensus.com
Mon Jan 12 18:45:30 CET 2015

After some off list communication, I wanted to circle back here with my findings.

To recap, and perhaps more clearly:

I am attempting to query from gpg-agent the time remaining before a passphrase expires for a key due to the max-cache-ttl setting.  I believe the proper way to do this would be through gpg-connect-agent.

I found the gpg-agent Assuan protocol here:

https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Agent-Protocol.html

There appears to be no way to get the remaining time for before a passphrase expires at this time.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including attachments, is intended to be viewed only by the addressee. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by any transmission error. This message may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose except as permitted by law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission. If you are not an intended recipient, or if you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and permanently remove the original message and any copies from your computer and all back-up systems.