Bug with GnuPG 2.1.1 on Windows 7 x64

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 12 23:06:13 CET 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:46, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> ... What's going on here?  It seems like an alarming regression if
> GnuPG 2.1.1 is unable to decrypt symmetrically-encrypted files made
> with GnuPG 2.0.x.

I did some quick tests by encrypting to one symmetric key and two public
keys using 1.4.18.  Decryption with current 2.1 shows no problems.  With
a 1.5M tarball and thus partial length encoding the test file is simlar
to yours.  However, I did test on Debian.

Can you please try to decrypt on Unix or create a sample encrypted file
and send it to me?

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner