More strangeness.

Damien Goutte-Gattat dgouttegattat at incenp.org
Tue Jan 13 21:33:54 CET 2015

On 01/13/2015 05:29 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> ... Now, maybe I'm missing something completely obvious here (and if so,
> it wouldn't be the first time), but if I have the secret part of a
> certificate, and that certificate is marked as ultimately trusted, isn't
> it a bit odd that the user IDs would possess undefined validity?

It could be the same problem as the one reported last month by Ximin Luo
[1,2].

That problem only occurs when the public keys are stored in the new
keybox format, which would be your case if you were “starting from an
empty GnuPG 2.1.1 installation”.

Until the bug is fixed, a possible workaround is to force GnuPG 2.1 to
use the legacy pubring format, e.g. by creating an empty pubring.gpg
file in GnuPG’s home directory, prior to importing any key.

[1] http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2014-December/029197.html

[2] https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1794