relationship between primary keys and subkeys

Salih Kardan kardan38 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:56:06 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I have two simple questions about subkey mechanism. I search gnupg
documentations and mailing list, but could not find answers to my
questions. I would be so glad, if someone can answer below questions.

1) Is it possible to create a subkey of a subkey ?

2) What are the trust implications between a parent key and a child key? Is
it "Ultimate Trust"? How can we confirm this? Or is this something for us
to determine/interpret?

Thanks in advance.

Salih