GnuPG BOF

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Sun Jan 18 18:21:31 CET 2015

On 01/18/2015 06:13 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 11/26/2014 12:27 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> I have been asked to forward the CFP below.  In case we want to
>> do a GnuPG BoF we should ask whether it is possible to share
>> that devroom.
>

> The schedule for security devroom seems to be filling up quite
> quickly already, but I don't see any GnuPG event there. In fact,
> the Sunday seems to be filled up with a lot of interesting
> security-related talks already, but how about trying to get a GnuPG
> BOF on Saturday some time after 12:00 ?
>
> What items would be interesting to discuss on a potential BOF? To
> start off, I personally have the following items to add as
> potential discussion points: - The state of HKPS in GnuPG 2.1 (The
> SNI issue pretty much makes the pool unusable in the current
> state)

s/SNI/PTR/

> - LDAP Support in GnuPG 2.1 (currently not implemented, which
> makes it difficult to work with systems such as Symantec Encryption
> Serve)

Extending on this (and sorry for the typo in "Server" above. Would it
be possible to have a per-domain preferred keyserver in dirmngr for
situations where the key is only updated on a corporate keyserver, but
this does not publish a preferred keyserver as part of the
certificate? (and in the case of discarding these using
no-honor-keyserver-url like restrictions)

> - Standardization of the EdDSA I-D by WK (we already support this
> in the development branch of SKS, but not in any released version)

- --
Kristian Fiskerstrand
Blog: http://blog.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
Public OpenPGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Ad astra per aspera
To the stars through thorns