Talking about Cryptodevices... which one?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Fri Jan 23 12:19:38 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:25 AM, Faramir <faramir.cl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any advice?

I bought an OpenPGP smart card at [cryptoshop][1]. Whether they ship to
Chile, I don’t know. The cards are actually distributed by [kernel
concepts][2]. I called them, and they told me:

  * Currently they don’t have cards in stock.

  * The shop will be back IIRC next month, or in March.

  * There will be a new batch of cards, with the same functionality but
    updated print: On the back of the current cards, it says “RSA with
    up to 3072 bit” when in fact the cards support up to 4096 bit.

Also: You can get that card, if you become an [FSFE fellow][3].

As for the reader, I got a Reiner SCT cyberJack RFID standard. The RFID
functionality allows me to use it with the German ID card as well. If
you don’t need that, there is a smaller device, the cyberJack go plus.

I’m running the setup with Win7 X64, with Gpg4win, which works fine:

  * PIN entry is via the pinpad on the reader.

  * 4096 bit RSA

  * Decryption of a 30 kB file takes one or two seconds.

[1]: http://www.cryptoshop.com/checkout/cart/
[2]: http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/
[3]: https://fsfe.org/fellowship/card.en.html