Talking about Cryptodevices... which one?
Felix E. Klee
felix.klee at inka.de
Fri Jan 23 12:19:38 CET 2015
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:25 AM, Faramir <faramir.cl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any advice?
I bought an OpenPGP smart card at [cryptoshop]. Whether they ship to
Chile, I don’t know. The cards are actually distributed by [kernel
concepts]. I called them, and they told me:
* Currently they don’t have cards in stock.
* The shop will be back IIRC next month, or in March.
* There will be a new batch of cards, with the same functionality but
updated print: On the back of the current cards, it says “RSA with
up to 3072 bit” when in fact the cards support up to 4096 bit.
Also: You can get that card, if you become an [FSFE fellow].
As for the reader, I got a Reiner SCT cyberJack RFID standard. The RFID
functionality allows me to use it with the German ID card as well. If
you don’t need that, there is a smaller device, the cyberJack go plus.
I’m running the setup with Win7 X64, with Gpg4win, which works fine:
* PIN entry is via the pinpad on the reader.
* 4096 bit RSA
* Decryption of a 30 kB file takes one or two seconds.
More information about the Gnupg-users