Talking about Cryptodevices... which one?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun Jan 25 17:51:59 CET 2015

On 25/01/15 17:31, Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
> [...] but I felt that I had to intervene to stop portraying the OpenPGP card
> as a secure solution.

I suppose you and I read the following statement from that mail by Werner
quite differently:

On 23/01/15 21:31, Werner Koch wrote:
> Granted, other vendors also have easy changeable firmware but their
> microcontrollers are smaller and writing malware for them is harder.

I don't see anybody in this thread saying the OpenPGP card is "secure", whatever
that is. In fact, the statement about Cyberjack is quantified in terms of ease
of implementation of a hack.

And I think the uncooperative attitude alone is a good reason to advise against
Cyberjack.

Peter.