Merging private subkeys into other key

Viktor Dick viktordick86 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 16:34:32 CEST 2015

On 04.07.2015 14:03, Juan Miguel Navarro Martínez wrote:
> I could do it myself by importing the keys in GPG 2.1, then exporting
> them.

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply, but I am using GPG 2.1.5 and 'gpg --import
sec.key' does not seem to work if there are already other subkeys of the
same key present. I guess the patch mentioned in the link in my earlier
post has never been accepted into the source code.
In principle I also found this problematic on earlier occasions, namely
even if I the key on my backup partition was up-to-date and I added a
new subkey there, it was somehow non-intuitive to get the keyrings on my
PC and laptop up-to-date. It seems it is necessary to delete the
complete key from them first and then re-import them. Or is there a
better way?