GnuPG 2.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 22 16:48:15 CEST 2015

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 19:31, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> Right now, I wouldn't recommend ECC for production use.  We're still
> getting the kinks worked out of it, and it isn't beyond the realm of
> possibility to think we might see significant changes by GnuPG 2.2.

Nope, you won't see changes here - at least not for the standard NIST or
Brainpool curves.  The problem with ECC is that the software supporting
ECC is not not yet widely deployed and thus people either can't verify
your messages or not send you encrypted messages.  This is also the
reason why ECC requires the --expert option.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner