Gnupg Decryption Question

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Thu Jul 23 19:11:03 CEST 2015

This is a snippet of the script I use to decrypt any file coming to me that has my private key (or my companies private key)

  $DFLT gpg_pass2 \
  | gpg --homedir $homedir --quiet --passphrase-fd 0 --no-tty --skip-verify \
        --no-permission-warning --no-mdc-warning --batch  \
        --output "$oname" --decrypt "$x" > /dev/null 2>&1

The DFLT gpg_pass2 script manages to obtain the pass phrase for the private key and pipe it to gpg via stdin
The statement right after the above does check to see if the status ($?) is 0.