Proposal of OpenPGP Email Validation

nico at enigmail.net nico at enigmail.net
Mon Jul 27 07:55:03 CEST 2015

Hi all,

in March we discussed here
"German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption"
and Patrick Brunschwig proposed a way to validate email addresses
I also had in mind:
> http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2015-March/052882.html

In the past months I tried to come up with a concrete proposal.
I discussed it already with some people and
this is what I/we propose so far.
The proposal is not perfect and not completely worked out
but IMO it is ready for a broader discussion and review.

Thus, I am happy for any feedback
(details and general remarks)
both here and directly as email to me.

If the concept is possible and useful
the goal is to have a first validating keyserver proxy
(see the document for details what this is)
at the end of this year.
We have some guy willing to implement it
as part of a Bachelor thesis.

Best regards
  Nico

--
Nicolai M. Josuttis
www.josuttis.de
mailto:nico at enigmail.net
PGP fingerprint: CFEA 3B9F 9D8E B52D BD3F 7AF6 1C16 A70A F92D 28F5

--
Nicolai M. Josuttis
www.josuttis.de
mailto:nico at enigmail.net
PGP fingerprint: CFEA 3B9F 9D8E B52D BD3F 7AF6 1C16 A70A F92D 28F5