Proposal of OpenPGP Email Validation

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Mon Jul 27 19:54:14 CEST 2015

On 07/27/2015 07:46 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:15, neal at walfield.org said:
>

> You can't do that due to the decentralized approach with no
> requirement for the user to always upload to the same keyserver.
> Thus a server may miss validation signatures not yet received from
> other servers.

The way I read this proposal isn't about keyservers per se, but the
individual validation servers publishing a chained list (like a
blockchain) of its validations. There is merit to that proposal for
auditing purposes, although I'm not entirely sure how it'd work in
practice unless the blockchain itself was decentralized (it can't
function securely if completely local to validation server). iirc this
is what Google is doing with its approach as well[0].