Proposal of OpenPGP Email Validation

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Jul 29 15:33:04 CEST 2015

[Please do not CC me. I am subscribed.]

On Wednesday 29 July 2015 13:07:20 nico at enigmail.net wrote:
> I see no reason NOT to solve this problem,
> but I see many reasons to solve it.
>
> Just saying "deal with it" simply means that
> we place unneccesary burden on OpenPGP users.
> IMO, that's a really bad approach.

Sure. All I'm saying is that introducing a second centralized CA PKI does not
strike me as a good solution.

Actually, I think this is more of an educational or a social problem than it
is a technical problem. The problem you have to solve is that people blindly
trust the UIDs. You cannot counter people's ignorance about how OpenPGP and
the WoT works with technical means.

Regards,
Ingo