Proposal of OpenPGP Email Validation

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Wed Jul 29 15:42:38 CEST 2015

Hi

On Wednesday 29 July 2015 at 12:07:20 PM, in
<mid:55B8B3E8.9080702 at enigmail.net>, nico at enigmail.net wrote:

> They get hundreds of emails per day and each email they
> can't read is a significant problem because the 2
> seconds they have for reading emails turn out to become
> minutes.

I would expect each time they got "no secret key" they would spend a
couple of seconds to fire back an email of boilerplate text saying
they couldn't decrypt and containing the correct key.

>  There should simply be no overhead in using
> OpenPGP in the ordinary case for the ordinary user.

Any security measure has overhead. It takes longer to open a door if
you have to unlock it first, and then there's the overhead of having
to look after a key or remember an access code. (-:

> I see no reason NOT to solve this problem, but I see
> many reasons to solve it.

I was just questioning whether it is really a problem. If it is, and
the effort to solve it is less than the effort to just deal with it,
then it should be solved.

- --
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net>

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes