Is there a way to comment a key locally?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 30 12:43:07 CEST 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:34, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> note that this has the side effect of marking every lsigned key+user id
> as valid (since i'm certifying it with my own key).

It would be possible to add a notation in the unhashed area so that it
can be added to the self-signature(s).  We would of course not export
such a notation.

Another option is to add a comment to the metadata which we store in a
keybox.

An even better way will be to allow for a comment in the TOFU database
we will eventually implement.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner