dirmngr vs ip addresses in keyserver URIs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 16 10:39:58 CEST 2015

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:01, cloos at jhcloos.com said:

> My gpg.conf still has 'keyserver hkp://127.0.0.1', and I've tried adding
> that also to dirmngr.conf, but it always fails.

Right, this is a regression.  The reason is that now the dirmngr daemon
takes care of keyservers and it handles keyserver pools internally: A
host name is expected which is resolved to check whether there are
several AAAA or A records decribing a pool of servers.  Then one of the
AAAA or A records are selected and that server is tried.

It seems that I did not implemented the case of a plain IP address
without considering a pool.  Tracking in
https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2012 .

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner