Thoughts on GnuPG and automation

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 4 11:48:16 CET 2015

On Wed,  4 Mar 2015 10:57, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> You're looking at FOSS projects that have successfully used GPGME, but

Sure.

> that doesn't tell you about proprietary projects that have chosen not to
> use GPGME.  I've had clients refuse to use GPGME because of the
> licensing, even under the LGPLv2.1.  (Foolish, I know.)  Other times

And I have had several hints that it was used anyway and violating the
license.  But that is another story.

If there is a compelling reason to change the license, like to increase
the adaption of mail encryption, I am willing to consider that.  I am
able do that for most of the code but there are some practical
drawbacks, like the ability to share code between the other libraries.

> I've discovered GPGME doesn't support a particular feature I need, like
> discovering the default preference lists that are currently in use.  Etc.

The bug tracker allows to file feature requests ...

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner