Suggestions for a Practical Scheme to Manage Multiple Identities?

Tue Mar 10 17:56:27 CET 2015

On 10.03.15 04:41, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
>> So this is not a question about portable flash drives vs. smartcards per
>> > se. I _think_ I understand those risks and trade-offs but if there is
>> > something I'm missing then, of course, I'd like to know.
> I had an experience that one of my family members took my portable
> flash drive for his/her own purpose (and it took hours/days for me to
> realize the fact).
>
> This might be another risk.

On top of all the other problems of a general purpose storage device.

I'd say just go with a smartcard or purpose built token device [1][2].

As for the multiple identities, different smartcards as needed. That
makes the reader the only device to carry and the cards you can cut
(some precut) to SIM-card size to make carrying easy. And there are
small readers available.

[1]: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FST-01
[2]: http://www.fsij.org/doc-gnuk/

--