bugs.gnupg.org TLS certificate

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Fri Mar 13 00:32:00 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo at barrera.io> wrote:
> On 2015-03-11 17:38, Werner Koch wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:12, brian at minton.name said:
>>
>> > git.gnupg.org) don't use that certificate.  Have you considered a wildcard
>> > certificate?  I know this has been discussed before, e.g. at
>>
>> Too expensive ;-).  To stop all these complaints I will add a so called
>> real certificate but first I need to move the tracker to another
>> machine.
>>

>> Shalom-Salam,
>>
>>    Werner
>
> No need for a wildcard one. Just get one free certificate for each subdomain
> from StartSSL.

StartSSL's a great choice, as one can issue as many certificates as
one wishes for validated domain names.

Alternatively, several CAs[1][2] offer free certificates to
open-source projects. Resellers[3][4] also offer quite
reasonably-priced ($9 USD/year) certs as a standard price.

Cheers!
-Pete
Full disclosure: I'm a paying customer of StartSSL, Gandi, and
NameCheap, and have several certificates from each for different
purposes. Other than being a customer, I have no other interest in
those organizations.

[1] https://www.godaddy.com/ssl/ssl-open-source.aspx
[2] https://www.globalsign.com/en/ssl/ssl-open-source/
[3] https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/domain-validation.aspx