Enigmail speed geeking

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Fri Mar 13 19:54:18 CET 2015

On 3/13/15 11:23 AM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> Seriously? Wasn't it obvious from the context of what Robert and
>> I wrote that we were talking about keys that existed only on a
>> card?
>
> Let's calm things down, folks.  :)

FWIW, I'm perfectly calm, as in the sense of not angry. But it is a
major source of frustration when folks take comments out of context to
use the tiniest bit of leverage with which to forward an agenda. It's
not only intellectually dishonest, but it's a massive waste of
everyone's time when the conversation devolves into the degree that
some argument is correct in some context, no matter how far removed it
is from the actual point under discussion.

Calling "BS" on that rhetorical technique may get me a shiny new
"Curmudgeon" badge to add to my collection, but I still think it's a
worthwhile exercise.

Doug