Enigmail speed geeking

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Mar 13 22:17:23 CET 2015

On 2015-03-13 19:54, Doug Barton wrote:
> But it is a
> major source of frustration when folks take comments out of context
> use the tiniest bit of leverage with which to forward an agenda.

WHAT?!?!

It is true, text is a truly god awful medium to communicate in.

We are apparently completely unaware of each other's intentions. I
honestly thought you thought a disadvantage of using a smartcard is that
you lose the key once it breaks. It quite surprised me, but I've seen
smart people have odd misconceptions of things[1], so I simply sought to
rectify it.

Let's put this whole thing to rest. Nobody thinks you can't have a
backup of a smartcard key, nobody thinks that a smartcard without a
backup is a useless thing, and we should all go and read a nice book.
Perhaps even for the third time, in my case. It's a nice book!

Peter.

[1] Sometimes in the mirror ;P

My key is available at
<http://digitalbrains.com/2012/openpgp-key-peter>