Enigmail speed geeking

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Sun Mar 15 23:38:27 CET 2015

Am 15.03.2015 um 20:50 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 16:32, stebe at mailbox.org said:
>
>> Now, I'll look for information on how RNG in GnuPG exactly works. It *seems*
>> that haveged should impact on the gathering of entropy (available) at the moment
>> of keypair generation on any GNU/Linux PC/laptop equipped with it (specific
>
> You can find this in the Libgcrypt manual:

Thanks, Werner. I read that, but I was particularly interested in how to get
GnuPG work with haveged.
So, I guess it would not be possible for an interested user to have GnuPG work
with haveged by using configuration files or load instructions (similar to egd)
and a strong dedication.
It does require to be implemented first in GnuPG/libgcrypt by modifying
source code, doesn't it? The latter would be certainly out of my reach, far off
the shore in (the Atlantic) C :)
If it were at all feasible/possible to do it by using the approach mentioned
first I would have given it a try, and published a howto in the wiki.

Stephan