Enigmail speed geeking

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 16 08:48:07 CET 2015

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:38, stebe at mailbox.org said:

> Thanks, Werner. I read that, but I was particularly interested in how to get
> GnuPG work with haveged.

You should feed it into /dev/random or get into the kernel proper.  This
way all applications can benefit from it.

> So, I guess it would not be possible for an interested user to have GnuPG work
> with haveged by using configuration files or load instructions

This requires to add a new entropy gathering module or add it to
rndlinux.c.  However, I assume that proper output of haveged is pretty
system and compiler dependent.  Thus it belongs into the OS kernel.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner