Enigmail speed geeking

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Mon Mar 16 10:09:24 CET 2015

Am 16.03.2015 um 08:48 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:38, stebe at mailbox.org said:
>
>> Thanks, Werner. I read that, but I was particularly interested in how to get
>> GnuPG work with haveged.
>
> You should feed it into /dev/random or get into the kernel proper.  This
> way all applications can benefit from it.

Ok, thanks, properly enabled and working

[README]
[...]
Non-zero "-r" options are used to test the haveged random number generator; The
random number generator will be configured, the initial data collection pass
will be executed, configuration details will be written to stdout, and a "-r"
KB sample of output will be written to the sample output file for all "-r" > 1.
[...]

$ sudo haveged -r 2
Writing 2 K byte output to sample

Cheers,