--verify --status-fd separator for multiple signatures?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 19 20:27:38 CET 2015

> when using --verify combined with --status-fd [or --status-file], how
> can one notice in scripts, that processing the one signature is done and
> that further status-fd messages belong to the next message?

That is unfortunately a bit complicated due to different behaviour in
gpgsm and gpg.  I suggest to do what we do in gpgme/src/verify.c .  Of
course if would be useful to make sure that NEWSIG is also emitted by
gpg but you also need to take care of older gpg versions.

I assume adding NEWSIG to gpg has simply be forgotten.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner