--verify --status-fd separator for multiple signatures?

Fri Mar 20 19:41:10 CET 2015

Werner Koch:

>> when using --verify combined with --status-fd [or --status-file], how
>> can one notice in scripts, that processing the one signature is done and
>> that further status-fd messages belong to the next message?
>
> That is unfortunately a bit complicated due to different behaviour in
> gpgsm and gpg.  I suggest to do what we do in gpgme/src/verify.c .  Of
> course if would be useful to make sure that NEWSIG is also emitted by
> gpg but you also need to take care of older gpg versions.
>
> I assume adding NEWSIG to gpg has simply be forgotten.

Well, I don't speak C, so I can't make head or tail of "what we do in
gpgme/src/verify.c".

Maybe let's put it this way. If there is no guarantee to get a NEWSIG or
other separator... Is there a limited combination of start and end keywords?

What I mean... Here is an example...

start: [GNUPG:] ERRSIG [...]
end__: [GNUPG:] NODATA [...]

start: [GNUPG:] SIG_ID [...]
end__: [GNUPG:] TRUST_[...]

start: [GNUPG:] ERRSIG [...]
end__: [GNUPG:] NO_PUBKEY [...]

Is there a complete list of all possible start/end keyword combinations?

Cheers,
Patrick