PGP/MIME (Was: One alternative to SMTP for email: Confidant Mail)

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Wed Mar 25 20:41:56 CET 2015

On 3/25/15 11:08 AM, Bob (Robert) Cavanaugh wrote:
> Doug,
> Signature shows as an attachment "signature.asc". No evidence that PGP actions were envoked. Work forces use of Synaptic PGP, so I cannot tell if it is verified or not.

Thanks Bob, that is interesting feedback.

FWIW, I have received various other messages privately from people who
have said the same thing ... They can see the attachment, but either
message verification fails, or there is no indication on their side that
it is a PGP-signed message at all.

While this is strictly anecdotal evidence I would argue that it's a good
indication that we may not be ready for PGP/MIME as the default.

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not