upgrading v1 to v2

Antony Prince antony at blazrsoft.com
Thu Mar 26 05:12:09 CET 2015

On 3/25/2015 10:39 PM, Dave Kimble wrote:
> I have installed libgpg-error-1.9 , apparently OK.
> checking for GPG Error - version >= 1.11... no

It is looking for version >= 1.11, which you do not have.

> I can see /usr/lib/bin/libgpg-error and /libgpg-error-config
> checking for gpg-error-config... /usr/local/bin/gpg-error-config

It also appears to be looking in the default directory for self compiled
software (/usr/local/bin). I would recommend compiling the necessary
libraries/binaries of the correct version from source as well since it
looks like the repository does not provide them, which would make sense
since the repository version does not require a newer version. If you're
going to compile software from source, be prepared for headaches like
this. This isn't really a GPG issue, but just the fact that Ubuntu has
not brought the newer versions into their repositories yet.

> this.  Is it too much to ask that you produce an Ubuntu-friendly
> repository that takes care of all the dependencies and compiling?

I've never looked into maintaining a repository myself, but it does seem
like it would be a quite a bit of work (maintaining the server,
compiling and packaging the software, etc.) especially for software that
has a one man development team.

--

Antony Prince

Key ID: 0x4F040744
Fingerprint: FE96 5B7F A708 18D3 B74B  959F A6E1 6242 4F04 0744