PGP/MIME

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Mar 26 21:54:58 CET 2015

On 2015-03-26 21:10, Brian Minton wrote:
> but
> for comparison, searching my ~12GB of mail on Thunderbird takes a lot
> longer and is a lot clunkier of an interface than the nearly instant
> search using gmail's web interface.

With IMAP, you can run searches on the server as well (I'm assuming
you're talking about a local search because you mention your client, not
your server software). A good IMAP server could get you the search
results quickly. And it can probably avoid searching the attachments; I
think a lot of that 12 GB is attachments?

HTH,

Peter.

My key is available at
<http://digitalbrains.com/2012/openpgp-key-peter>