PGP/MIME (Was: One alternative to SMTP for email: Confidant Mail)

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Thu Mar 26 22:03:43 CET 2015

Hi

On Thursday 26 March 2015 at 8:10:08 PM, in
<mid:CANyOob2J-Kg_xaoPj9g7SRMsWrQPBZOGA=v9yG5nOXLMsLk0iA at mail.gmail.com>,
Brian Minton wrote:

> I meant what I said about them gmail being a client.

This is only true in the limited sense that they provide a webmail
interface that performs a function equivalent to an email client. (And
yes, I'm being a bit pedantic.)

> But, doing so loses some of
> the best features of gmail (google search on your
> inbox,

I find the search function in my favourite MUA far superior to that in
gmail's web interface.

> google chat,

As far as I'm concerned, the only useful thing in any "Chat" function
is the ability to turn it off. (-:

> conversation view

Which is a pale imitation of the real threading found in decent mail
clients. Unless it has massively improved in the few months since I
last needed to go to the gmail webmail interface because something
they changed had broken the POP access for my gmail account

- --
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net>

Only dead fish go with the flow