SSH generic socket forwarding for gpg-agent

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 11 11:02:47 CEST 2015

On Mon, 11 May 2015 09:28, quite at hack.org said:

> So, on remote, "gpg --use-agent test.asc" gives me "gpg: decryption failed:
> No secret key". But shouldn't this just work? Shouldn't it just get the

Are you sure that the gpg version at the remote site is also >= 2.1?
Given that you used the option "--use-agent" I assume that this is a gpg
1.4.

For that feature to work you need GnuPG 2.1 local and remote.  The
reason is that only since 2.1 gpg diverts all private key operations to
the agent.

GPG_AGENT_INFO is ignore by GnuPG >= 2.1.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner