SSH generic socket forwarding for gpg-agent

Daniel quite at hack.org
Mon May 11 11:54:15 CEST 2015

Werner Koch <wk <at> gnupg.org> writes:

> Are you sure that the gpg version at the remote site is also >= 2.1?
> Given that you used the option "--use-agent" I assume that this is a gpg
> 1.4.
>
> For that feature to work you need GnuPG 2.1 local and remote.  The
> reason is that only since 2.1 gpg diverts all private key operations to
> the agent.
>
> GPG_AGENT_INFO is ignore by GnuPG >= 2.1.

Oh, yes, I had just compiled a gpg 2.1.3 in my $HOME, because
the system had 2.0.14. BUT, the make install only gave me "gpg2"
in $HOME/bin and not a "gpg" -- so that was still in /usr/bin/gpg.
Of course I ended up using the latter for testing, inanely typing
just "gpg". With gpg2 it all works! Great. cd ~/bin; ln -s gpg2 gpg