gnupg migration corrupt db?
Berend De Schouwer
berend.de.schouwer at gmail.com
Fri May 15 15:40:19 CEST 2015
On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 13:37 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > gpg: keydb_get_keyblock failed: Value not found
> > gpg: key 77731557: public key "[User ID not found]" imported
> > gpg: key 77731557: failed to re-lookup public key
> Please update to 2.1.4 2.1.2 has some problems skipping PGP-2 keys.
1. the secret keys do import.
2. each key asks for a passphrase. (2.1.2 did not)
3. It still prints "value not found", but no longer "failed to re
-lookup public key"
4. --decrypt on an encrypted file:
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
5. the keys listed with --list-secret-keys are now listed multiple
times. It's possible that the keys were imported -- incorrectly -- by
2.1.2. This might cause decrypting to fail. Time to recover backups.
More information about the Gnupg-users