gnupg migration corrupt db?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat May 16 11:34:20 CEST 2015

On Fri, 15 May 2015 13:57, berend.de.schouwer at gmail.com said:

> They do.  But I don't want to keep two gnupg versions installed
> indefinitely, and use different binaries for different keys.  That's
> madness.

Those few folks who still use their old insecure PGP-2 keys need to keep
1.4 around.  It has been discussed on the devel list that removing all
PGP2 support is the Right Thing to do even if some people need to do
some extra work when decrypting or verifying data made with a PGP-2.

> I'll restore from backup, and create that file.

According to your other report restoring and using 2.1.4 solved the
problems.  Thanks for helping us to fix remaining problems in 2.1.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner