[Enigmail] Popescu and keys

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu May 21 21:45:06 CEST 2015

On Thu 2015-05-21 12:23:20 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Which key does he claim to have broken?  If Mircea has broken your
> encryption-capable subkey (0xB8A6B74C001892C2) then he might only be
> able to decrypt messages sent to you, but not sign them.
>
> To provide him with an opportunity to demonstrate this (Hi Mircea!),
> i've produced this message, encrypted to rjh's encryption-capable
> subkey.
>
> Mircea, if you can decrypt it, you should find a secret message, signed
> by me, which includes within it the message-id of the e-mail i'm
> replying to.

I've been informed by Mircea offlist that he has no interest in
continuing this conversation, so i'm dropping him from CC here.

It appears to me that he has nothing concrete to demonstrate, and he has
shown an inability to correct factual errors he has already published.
Not very impressive :(

I think there's nothing interesting to see here, but if i hear anything
more substantive, i'll be sure to follow up on this thread to let people
know.

Regards,

  --dkg