Trying to install version 2.1.4

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun May 24 19:03:09 CEST 2015

On 24/05/15 18:14, Antony Prince wrote:
> My first reply was off-list. I apologize. In my case, I just left the
> system default gpg installed. Ubuntu comes with gpg 1.4.x and gives the
> same warnings when trying to uninstall because it is a dependency of apt.

> [...]

> After reading the other replies though, I'm not sure whether this will
> cause any keyring issues. I haven't experienced any in my case, but I
> haven't tested it extensively.

GnuPG 1.4.x and GnuPG 2.1.x are co-installable. You will not have any problems
with those two installed side-by-side.

The issue is that OP can't uninstall the gnupg2 package without it removing
other packages (like graphical frontends for GnuPG, I suppose). So he's facing
the situation that he can't install GnuPG 2.0.26 and GnuPG 2.1.4 side-by-side.

If he were to install 2.1.3 from the experimental gnupg2 package, that would
/replace/ 2.0.26 and satisfy the dependencies of the packages that would be
removed by removing the gnupg2 package.

HTH,

Peter.