Ohhhh jeeee: can't encode a 512 bit MD into a 608 bits frame

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri May 29 03:26:34 CEST 2015

On 05/28/2015 01:25 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 15:24, philip.jackson at nordnet.fr said:
>
>> One of the problems with using linux distribution packages.  The latest for
>> Ubuntu 1404 is 2.0.22-3ubuntu1.3 which I have.  Ubuntu 1404 is the current
>> LongTermSupport version.
>
> I would expect that a LTS version fixes critical bugs.  What you see
> might soon be a problem for many more people, thus this should be fixed
> by Ubuntu.

While I'm learning Debian package management by examples, dkg kindly
opened the bug in Debian BTS: https://bugs.debian.org/787139

(I didn't have an idea to open a bug in Debian BTS.  Well, I
am learning, since I have been not-so-active in Debian.)

I believe that fix will be included in Ubuntu LTS too, eventually,
since Debian and Ubuntu share packaging and information.