Re: Generating 4096 bit key fails – why?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Mon Nov 2 10:40:39 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:04 AM, NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:
> It failed when gpg frontend tried to change the key attribute for
> RSA-4096.
>
>> […]
>
> Do you happened to have (and run) old scdaemon of 2.0?

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the explanation. After starting
`gpg --card-edit`, I checked which version is running, and it’s 2.1.9:

    $ ps aux | grep scdaemon
    root       506  […] scdaemon --multi-server
    felix      562  […] grep scdaemon
    $ sudo ls -l /proc/506/exe
    […] /proc/506/exe -> /usr/lib/gnupg/scdaemon
    $ /usr/lib/gnupg/scdaemon --version
    scdaemon (GnuPG) 2.1.9
    libgcrypt 1.6.4
    libksba 1.3.3